We are most of the people, who are involved with online advertising. We can easily realize that online advertising format is changing day by day. So, it’s definitely the easiest way to see online advertising statistics that how it has changed and when it has changed. Sometimes why? In this article, we are sharing two important part of digital advertising statistics that can be most useful for your next researches.
Histroy of Banner Ads:
We believe that banner ads cannot dead and they won’t go away. Even though we talk about traditional banner advertising, social media ads, animated banner ads or any other kind of banner ad. In 2016, I could see the huge amount of banner ads. When you can see some popular brands such like Dropbox, Marketo, Netflix, those are using banner ads to promote their brand and connect with the online user. Then, it can be most encourage for you to receive this as a component of banner ad design marketing strategy. In this article we discuss about the banner advertising trend in 2017.
Banner Ad Designing Trend:
In this digital age, we know the internet is one of the noisiest places. Banner ads are so much overcrowded on this platform. That is not actually the fault of marketers that the distributors let every one of these areas to be packed with banner ads. For this reason, I definitely try to recommend the people responsible for designing the banner advertising. Even though it’s the small business marketer and the designer to make it simple as he can. Try to keep your message simple and the brand should be the stick. If it’s possible to use two or three colors, then do it. High quality and simple image can be most beneficial to use. We can talk about the movies like ‘Crown’ who is actually using their most simple typography and furthermore their principal character of the movie. Let’s talk about ‘Narcos’ movie, where you can see the Pablo character through the banner ad that makes you end a deal with him. All the simple elements are for branding in these movies. So, that is clear that today’s branding is not only for a shape or about typology or a logo. Smart branding might be for every component that is used as a part of space where the user can easily recognize the brand. So, now we can say smart branding is another trend in 2017 for banner ad designing field.
We know the banner ad is one of the most important parts of online advertising. When banner advertising initially came to the stage in the world of marketing, a lot of advertisers were left with a terrible taste in their mouth. The promotions we were being given with value and accordingly huge numbers of us rushed to consider them untrustworthy. However, we need to design quality ads more and more.
- The average click-through rate of banner ads across all formats and placements is 0.06%. (The source come from Display Benchmarks Tool)
- About 309 million people in the world, where 16% of the world’s 1.9bn smartphone users are blocking ads on the mobile web.(The source from PageFair)
- In the last 1 year advertisement blocking developed by 41% all around the world.
(The source from PageFair)
- In March 2016 around 298 million people in the world are using an Adblocker browser on their smartphones. (The source from PageFair)
- In 2013, it was published from a study that around 28% of respondents hide their activities from advertisers. (The source from Pew Research Center)
Social media is another crucial part of online advertising and digital communications strategies. This platform is rising in popularity from one year to another. It’s really important to better understanding the differences between social media networks and what kind of benefits they can bring, when targeting specific audiences. Let’s see some social media statistics.
- There are more than 75% of male and 83% female internet users are on Facebook. (The source from PewInternet)
- 26% male and 38% female are more likely to use Instagram. (The source from PewInternet)
- Around 29% of internet users involved with college degrees use Twitter, which compared to 20% those are involved with school degrees or less. (The source from PewInternet)
- There are around 94% of Business to Business marketers are using LinkedIn to distribute content. (The source from Content Marketing Institute)
- There are 41% of younger Millennials and 18% older Millennials are using social media to connect with vendors. (The source from Kingpin)
The advertising way can be about data if the design pattern is about creativity. So, for having standard banner advertising campaign you must have combined the two of them to get the measure of results you need. I am sure that all the info of this article can be most beneficial for your study research too.